The forum was founded in 1995 as the Indonesian Sedimentologists Forum (FOSI). This organization is a communication and discussion forum for geologists, especially for those deal with sedimentology and sedimentary geology in Indonesia. The forum was accepted as the sedimentological commission of the Indonesian Association of Geologists (IAGI) in 1996. The organization currently has 970 members (Dec-2015), including industrial and academic fellows, as well as students.
FOSI has close international relations with the Society of Sedimentary Geology (SEPM) and the International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS).
Fellowship is open to those holding a recognized degree in geology or a cognate subject and non-graduates who have at least two years relevant experience.
Advisory Board: Yahdi Zaim, Robert J. Morley, Harsanti Setiani
General Secretary: Ricky A. Tampubolon – Odira Energy
- Minarwan – Mubadala Petroleum – Editor-in-Chief
- Herman Darman – Petronas – Vice Editor-in-Chief
- A.M. Surya Nugraha – Nanyang Technical University
- Erlangga Septama – Pertamina
- Agnes M. Rahayu – FOSI
- Sukiato Khurniawan – University of Indonesia
- Barry Majeed Hartono – Institute of Technology Bandung
- Desianne Kinanthi – Curtin Univ, Malaysia
Treasurer, Membership, Web Designer: Visitasi J. Femant (Pertamina)
University Contact, Social Media: Gabriella Natalia (Trisakti University)