Berita Sedimentologi No. 31 with special issue on Biostratigraphy of SE Asia is now available online. The journal can be downloaded by clicking either the link or cover image above.
This volume is Part 3, the last of 3 issues on Biostratigraphy of SE Asia. Articles in this issue include:
– Introduction to Paleozoic and Mesozoic faunas and floras of Indonesia – by J.T. van Gorsel
– Manusela Limestone in Seram – Late Triassic age for for a “Jurassic” petroleum play – by T. Charlton & J.T. van Gorsel
– Planktonic foraminifera biozonation of the Middle Eocene-Oligocene Kebo Formation, Kalinampu area, Bayat (Klaten, Central Java) – by D. Novita et al.
– Short biography of Dr. Tan Sin Hok, one of Indonesia’s pioneer paleontologists – by Munasri & J.T. van Gorsel.
– Some student articles and a book review on the geology of Misool Archipelago.
We hope you enjoy reading this volume.
I was very interested to see your paper on An Introduction to Paleozoic faunas and floras of Indonesia, and that you have cited some of my studies. I have a few other papers on the same subject which I can send you as well as copies of the papers you cite if you are interested. When I was searching for a journal to start publishing, I could find no Indonesian journals, so I have spread them around in a few journals.
John Rigby, School of Earth, Environment and Biological Sciences, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane.