Berita Sedimentologi No. 32 is now available online and can be downloaded by clicking the link below:
Berita Sedimentologi No. 32/2015
Berita Sedimentologi No. 32/2015 – Marine Geology of Indonesia, Part 1
This volume is the first of 3 planned volumes on Marine Geology of Indonesia and FOSI are going to be supported by Marine Geological Institute and Agency for Assessment and Application of Technology in the publication. Articles in this volume include:
– Plio-Pleistocene Seismic Stratigraphy of the Java Sea between Bawean Island and East Java
– Merits and Shortcomings of Heat Flow Estimates from Bottom Simulating Reflectors
– Frontier Exploration Using an Integrated Approach of Seafloor Multibeam, Drop Core and Seismic Interpretation – A study case from North Banggai-Sula (Extended Abstract)
– Marine Expeditions in Indonesia during the Colonial Years (short article)
We hope you enjoy reading this volume and please feel free to contact the editorial team if you have any comments or if you’re interested to contribute in the future.
Berita Sedimentologi No. 31 – Biostratigraphy of SE Asia – Part 3
Berita Sedimentologi No. 31 with special issue on Biostratigraphy of SE Asia is now available online. The journal can be downloaded by clicking either the link or cover image above.
This volume is Part 3, the last of 3 issues on Biostratigraphy of SE Asia. Articles in this issue include:
– Introduction to Paleozoic and Mesozoic faunas and floras of Indonesia – by J.T. van Gorsel
– Manusela Limestone in Seram – Late Triassic age for for a “Jurassic” petroleum play – by T. Charlton & J.T. van Gorsel
– Planktonic foraminifera biozonation of the Middle Eocene-Oligocene Kebo Formation, Kalinampu area, Bayat (Klaten, Central Java) – by D. Novita et al.
– Short biography of Dr. Tan Sin Hok, one of Indonesia’s pioneer paleontologists – by Munasri & J.T. van Gorsel.
– Some student articles and a book review on the geology of Misool Archipelago.
We hope you enjoy reading this volume.
This edition is the 2nd part of the Southeast Asia biostratigraphy series. The bulletin contains the following articles:
The age and provenance of the Globidens timorensis holotype – M. J. Koevoets et al.
On the Heterostegina– Tansinhokella– Spiroclypeus lineage(s) in SE Asia – P. Lunt and W. Renema 6 An introduction to Cenozoic macrofossils of Indonesia – J.T. van Gorsel
Biostratigraphy of the Late Miocene Halang Formation in the Loh Pasir succession, Banyumas, Central Java
– M. Hendrizan et al.
Micropaleontological education in Indonesia – H. Darman
A revision of the biostratigraphy and strontium isotope dating of Oligocene-Miocene outcrops in East Java, Indonesia – E. F. Sharaf et al.
Berita Sedimentologi #29 comes with a supplement which contains Annotated Bibliography of biostratigraphy and Paleontology of Indonesia – SEAsia. Total of 337 pages of references.
Berita Sedimentologi No. 29 contain the 1 st part of Biostratigraphy of Southeast Asia series. Click the cover picture below to download the full volume. The papers included in this volume are as follow:
- Introduction to Cenozoic biostratigraphy of Indonesia- SE Asia – J.T. van Gorsel et al.
- A review of the foraminiferal biostratigraphy of the Melinau Limestone, Sarawak – P. Lunt
- Making sense of mud: the use of benthic foraminifera in mudstone sedimentology, Sabah, North Borneo – J. Noad and R. Preece
- The distribution of benthic foraminifera in Indonesian shallow waters – S.M. Natsir
- Recent agglutinated foraminiferal trends and assemblages of the Sedili Besar River and its adjacent offshore area, Southeastern Peninsular Malaysia – M. Mohamed et al.
- Palynofacies analysis of the Eocene Bayah Formation in Bayah High, Banten Block, SW Java – B.Y. Chandra et a
- Late Eocene- Pleistocene planktonic foraminiferal biostratigraphy of the Kuripan-1 well, North Central Java,
Indonesia – D. Kadar et al.
- A Late Oligocene drowned pinnacle reef in deepwater Makassar Straits – J.T. van Gorsel and C.E. Helsing
- Stacked digital imaging of foraminifera – P.
Click here to download the full volume.
Berita Sedimentologi No. 28 on Borneo can be downloaded. Click the cover below.
Articles included in this edition of Berita Sedimentologi are as follow:
- Late Triassic metatonalite from the Schwaner Mountains in West Kalimantan and its contribution to sedimentary provenance in the Sundaland – N. Setiawan et al
- Geohistory analysis of South Makassar – P. Lunt & J.T. van Gorsel
- Palaeocurrents and provenance: Uplift history of the Meratus Complex, SE Kalimantan – D. Witts
- The power of palaeocurrents: reconstructing the palaeogeography and sediment flux patterns of the Miocene Sandakan Formation in eastern Sabah – J. Noad
- Mass Transport Complex (MTC) control on the basin floor stratigraphic succession and sand deposition: An observation from deepwater Brunei – H. Maulana & H. S. Hakimi
- The ethological study of Glossifungites ichnofacies in the modern & Miocene Mahakam Delta, Indonesia – E. Arifullah
Berita Sedimentologi No. 27 on Sumatra can be downloaded from the link below:
Berita Sedimentologi No. 27 on Sumatra
Articles included in this edition of Berita Sedimentologi are as follow:
– Review of the Palaeozoic Stratigraphy of the Langkawi Islands, Malaysia by Lee Chai Peng
– Late Syn-Rift Turbidite Systems in the North Sumatra Basin by Lawrence D. Meckel, III
– Report on A Field Trip to the Syn-Rift Petroleum System of Central Sumatera by Andrew Carnell et al.
– Two student articles on Economic vs Fractured Basement: A Case Study from North Sumatra Basin by Ignatius Primadi and Depositional Environment Analysis of Kali Banyumeneng, Mranggen, Kabupaten Demak by Samuel R.N. Simorangkir et al.
We hope the publication will be useful to all our readers and if you have any comments, please contact the editorial team.
Berita Sedimentologi #26, Indonesian Journal of Sedimentary Geology
Berita Sedimentologi, the Indonesian Journal of Sedimentary geology No. 26 include the following articles:
- Cenozoic Stratigraphy of the East Java Forearc
- A Case Study on Using Nannofossil Zones to Subdivide Mundu and Paciran Sequences in the MDA Field, East Java Basin, Indonesia
- Mineral Composition of Eocene and Miocene Sandstones in Java Island: A short note
- Brief History of GeoPangea Research Group – UPN “Veteran” Yogyakarta
Members are welcome to read the journal. Click the cover image to down load the journal in PDF format. For fast download and lower resolution file, click here.
Berita Sedimentologi, the Indonesian Journal of Sedimentary Geology No. 25 includes teh following articles:
- Bali-Lombok Gap: A distinct bio-geologic border of the Wallace’s line
- Tectoic models of the Lesser Sunda Islands
- Seismic expression of tectonic featrues in the Lesser Sunda Island vicinity
- New look at the origin of the Sumba Terrane
- Short communication: No Jurassic sediments on Sumba Island?
- Short note: Sedimentology of Bali touristic locations: Tanah Lot and Uluwatu
- Short note: well rounded Kuta and Tanjung Aan Lombok beach sand
- Volcano tourism of Mt. Rinjani in west Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia
Members are welcome to read the journal. Click the cover image to down load the journal in PDF format. For fast download and lower resolution file, click here
Berita Sedimentologi, the Indonesian Journal of Sedimentary Geology No. 24 includes the following articels:
- Banda Arc Permian-Jurassic Paleogegraphy – Tim Charlton
- Mud vocano in Southeast Maluku – Yahdi Zaim et al.
- Deep crustal seismic of Arafura Sea – James Granath et al.
- Sorong fault zone kinematics – Putri Radiani et al.
Members are welcome to read the journal. Click the cover image below to read the journal. To down load higher resolution file click here.
Indonesian Journal of Sedimentary Geology