The Indonesian Sedimentologists Forum (FOSI) together with the International Association of Sedimetologists (IAS) and the Society of Sedimentary Geology (SEPM) are going to organize a regional seminar in Yogyakarta, Central Java, Indonesia, from 5 to 6 September 2018.
The seminar is titled “Past and Present Sedimentation in Tropical Region”. Pre and post seminar field trip will be arranged. The committee is inviting potential speakers to participate in both oral and poster sessions.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hendra Amijaya (University of Gajah Mada) &
Herman Darman (Indogeo Social Enterprise)
The Research and Development Centre of Indonesian Maritime Geology (P3GL: Pusat Penelitian dan Pengembangan Geologi Kelautan) is an institution which operate research vessels and collect (sub-)marine samples in Indonesian water. They have significant number of seismic and core data. How much can they support the exploration activities in Indonesia? Let’s participate in the seminar in Cirebon. We will visit their cold core storage, survey boat, and see their survey equipments. Their experts will also give talks about their recent surveys in Eastern Indonesia.
Beware!! Happening soon (31 January 2018), affordable fee BUT limited space. So, please take action,…. register… NOW.
Click here to download Berita Sedimentologi No. 39
Berita Sedimentologi No. 39 is now available online and can be downloaded by clicking the image above or the following link:
Berita Sedimentologi No. 39
This volume contains two articles:
1. A study of Neogene sedimentary outcrops of the Greater Miri area – Can clay gouging be calibrated in outcrops and shallow subsurface boreholes? by Kessler and Jong
2. Sangatta delta evolution with an updated Miocene paleogeography – by Suandhi et al.
The next volume (No. 40) will be published in March 2018 and the main theme of this issue is going to be on structural geology and sedimentation.
If you are interested to contribute, please contact one of our editors.
We’re delighted to inform you all that Berita Sedimentologi No. 38 has been published and is now available for download from the following link:
This volume contains the following manuscripts:
– Basin with multiple sediment sources: tectonic evolution, stratigraphic record and reservoir potential of the Bunguran Trough, South China Sea (John Jong et al.)
– Seismic expression of key geological features in the East Natuna Basin (Herman Darman)
Berita Sedimentologi No. 38 can also be downloaded by clicking this image below:
The next volume is planned to be published in August 2017. We are currently seeking potential contributors for this volume, please contact one of our editors if you’re interested to participate.
Click image to download Berita Sedimentologi No. 37
Berita Sedimentologi No. 37 is now available online and can be downloaded by clicking the cover image above. This volume is the last part of 3 volumes on Paleogene of the Eastern Margin of Sundaland. The content of Berita Sedimentologi No. 37 is as follows:
– The Paleogene of East Borneo and its facies distribution by Herman Darman
– Paleozoic-Mesozoic and Eocene outcrops in the North Sumatra Basin and their implication to new exploration play concept by Fatrial Bahesti
– A review of regional geology of the North Sumatra Basin and its Paleogene petroleum system by Ricky Tampubolon et al.
The next volume of Berita Sedimentologi will cover Natuna Islands, if you are interested to contribute please contact one of the editors.
ISPG Guest Lecture, supported by FOSI
Speaker: Jan de Jager
Date: 21 February 2017
See details in the poster below.
FOSI / IAGI Members are welcome to FOSI Special Meeting in Yogyakarta, 24 November. See the detail for registration below. For registration, click here.