Berita Sedimentologi No. 47 has been published and is now available online. Please download it by clicking the cover image above or from the following link.
Berita Sedimentologi No. 47 focuses on Borneo Island and contains two research papers on Sarawak and a review article on the Devonian Limestones of Telen River in East Kalimantan. We also included a short biography article on Dr. August Tobler, one the pioneers who worked on geological mapping in South Sumatra and Jambi in 1900 to 1912.
Here are the contents of Berita Sedimentologi No. 47:
- Provenance of Pleistocene sediments in West Sarawak and evidence for Pliocene acid magmatism in Central Borneo – H. Tim Breitfeld
- The sedimentary record of Paleogene sequences in Sarawak, Malaysia – Franz L. Kessler, John Jong and Mazlan Madon
- Tracing the provenance of the Devonian Limestone of Telen River, East Kalimantan – Herman Darman
- August Tobler, the Swiss pioneer of South Sumatra geological mapping, 1900-1912 – J.T. (Han) van Gorsel and Bernhard Gunzenhauser
- Errata for “Jozef Zwierzycki, a prolific Polish geological expert in Indonesia, 1914-1938” – J.T. (Han) van Gorsel, Alina Chrzastek and Anna Gorecka-Nowak
The next Berita Sedimentologi is planned for publication in August 2021 and will focus on Java Island. We’re now seeking potential contributors to submit manuscripts before the end of July. If you’re interested to publish with us, please contact one of our editors. In the meantime, we hope this issue will be useful to you. Happy reading and stay safe!